Mission statement of Lions Clubs International
Our mission is to empower volunteers to serve their communities, meet humanitarian needs, encourage peace and promote international understanding through Lions clubs. TO organize, charter and supervise service clubs to be known as Lions clubs.
Mission statement of the New Braunfels Evening Lions Club
Our mission is to seek out needs in our community and to motivate our members and the community to find ways to meet those needs. We accomplish this mission by getting our members and others involved in holding fund raising events and apply the proceeds of these events to the needs of our community.
How have we carried out our mission
In recent years we have sponsored children with diabetes to attend Lions Camp in Kerrville to learn how they can control their disease. We have paid for eye examinations and glasses for people who could not afford this medical care. Our members along with other Lions Clubs in our community do a school age eye screening for Comal and New Braunfels ISDs as well as other private schools in Comal County.
The New Braunfels Evening Lions Club has paid for and built gazebos for various organization for the benefit of those who use the services of these organizations. We have donated money and in some cases manpower to support organizations in our community that provide medical, counseling services and shelter.
The following are some of the organizations supported by the New Braunfels Evening Lions Club:
- American Cancer Society
- TEAM Foundation
- New Braunfels Little League
- Blue Santa Program
- Family Center Friends of the Library Robotics Team
- Hydro Angels
- Boys & Girls State
- Child Advocacy Center
- New Braunfels City Parks Department
- Boy Scouts of America – We are proud of you Troop 119!!!
- 100% financial participation in Lions Club projects for over forty years, including support of the Texas Lions Camp, Texas Lions Foundation, Leader Dog Program, Lions Club International Foundation, and World Service for the Blind, the Miracles in Sight Lone Star Division, and Texas Lions Eye Glass Recycling Center (TLERC)
- Donated money to disaster relief of 1998 and 2002
- Crisis Center of Comal County
- SOS Food Bank
- We’re All In (support to Comal County Junior Livestock Association)
- New Braunfels Heritage Society
- Warriors on the Way (supports veterans in managing PTSD)
- St. Judes Ranch for Children
- Habitat for Humanity
- Volunteers in Medicine New Braunfels
- Improvement projects at New Braunfels Parks (decks at pavilions 5 and 16, sound wall for the band stage, pergola at mini golf course (all at Landa Park), donation for Puppy Playland)
We promote civic-minded activities in the community such as:
- Peace Poster Contest
- Collecting discarded eyeglasses
- Preventative eye check for ALL kindergarteners in the Comal and New Braunfels School District
- Free eyeglasses to those in need